- Biography. Escribir o presentar una biografía. También importante considerar el pasado simple y en la sección de writing. Click here
- Martin Luther King. Pasado simple, (biografía) lectura, vídeo y canción. Click here.
- Acción de Gracias. Thanksgiving.
- Jack O'Lantern
- Notting Hill
- April's Fool
Some of the previous are listening activities with subtitiles, therefore, they can be read as well as listened to.
HOW TO ANSWER COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Read the text carefully as many times as you need
- Spot the words you don't know, try to guess their meaning
- Do you understand the questions? THey are essential. Do you know all the question words? If not, go to the grammar section.
- Is it a long answer question? What is it talking about? Spot the main idea of the question
- Start to write the answer: SUBJECT+ VERB+ ANSWER. Obviously, the answer must me in the text!!
- Check up for mistakes.
- You can check for the following links to improve your reading skills:
- NEWS FOR READING AND LISTENING for all levels:
Let's remember the parts of a newspaper (periódico) or magazine (revista).
In the following links you can read and listen to some pieces of news. You have to choose the right level.I recommend you to start with level 1, and then continue:
- Headline (titular)
- Lead in (entradilla de la noticia)
- Body (cuerpo de la noticia)
- Cover (portada)
- News (noticias) (Remeber: a piece of news, it is uncountable)
READING BEGINNER LEVEL :
- STARFALL: You can find many types of stories to read. The stories are grouped into Chinese fables, Greek myths, classic fiction and so on STARFALL.COM
- In the next link you can fnd activities related to listening and also writing and reading for PET level. English Online.
- FUNBRAIN. This page is perfect for all readers and also to play games. You can find famous books online like Diary of a Wimpy Kid which are good fun. Clik here.
READING AT ALL LEVELS, FROM A2 TO B1:
The level goes from A2 to B1. Start with lower level activties, then, try the next one.
Next, you can find some practice for reading and writing:
- British Conuncil (all levels and all kinds of practice)
- Guttenberg Project. It offers free books to donwload at all levels and different languages. Here, you can find the link for some stories by Beatrix Potter.