Making an oral presentation using power point or prezi can be a bit difficult, but it is always a good way to improve speaking.
BASIC STEPS FOR YOUR PRESENTATION:
- Include all the essential information and highlights of the person you want to describe.
- Use past for finished events. CLICK HERE to revise it.
- Use the past continuous to talk about the events happening at a certain moment in the past or to refer to the background of the story. CLICK HERE to revise it.
- Include interesting headings to raise interest.
- Draw a short conclusion.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR BIOGRAPHY:
- I'm going to talk about... because...
- Do you know...?
- This person was important because...
- EARLY LIFE
- As a child,
- In his/her early years
- He/she was born in...
- He/she moved; he/she studied; he/she could/couldn't
- He/she married/divorced/had a child...
- MAIN EVENTS
- Then, he/she decided to...
- One of the main events of his/her life
- One of his/her great achievements was...
- For... years, he/she
- As a result of this...
- FINAL YEARS
- Finally, eventually, in the end...
- He/she died/ was killed/was executed/was prosecuted...
- In his/her last years...
- As a conclusion/Just to conclude... I'd like to say that...
- In my opinion/from my personal point of view
- This person made history/was paramount for the history of mankind because...
- On the credit side, we can say / on the debt side, we can argue that (del lado positivo, podemos decir, al contrario, podemos decir)
- On the one hand.... /on the other hand (de un lado, de otro).
- Some authors consider him/her... (algunos autores lo/la consideran...)
- You can also add some quotes if they are interesting.
As an example, I have made my own prezi about the Catholic Queen Elizabeth I of Spain. Why? Because she was one of the best queens ever, and one of the best politicians for Spain.
Together with this, she is also a great figure to talk about whenever we want to highlight important women in History, in a world ruled by men.
I hope it helps to you get good ideas!!!
Finally, I also recommend you to read another biography, and do the following activities